Empowering Leadership for LEAN (2 Days)
Implementing a successful Lean Culture requires the development of new thinking and new skills for leadership, teams, and individuals.
Who Should Attend
This course is for new or current team leaders, supervisors, business unit leaders, and functional managers wanting to understand the techniques and tools needed to help create a Lean Culture of continuous improvement.
Prerequisite: Lean Simulation
How You Will Benefit
- Understand and be able to explain the drivers of change from a traditional and stable market economy to a changing and Lean market economy
- See how Lean drives the functional change from Management to Leadership and know what skills to develop in yourself and others to increase performance and develop a Lean Culture or Continuous Improvement
- Learn techniques for transferring accountability and developing the trust needed to sustain an empowered workforce.
- Learn and apply the performance advantages of a Lean shift from silo view to system/process view.
- See how Lean tools can be utilized to implement and improve culture as well as performance.
- Apply communication techniques to improve and develop problem solving and self-discipline within your department or function.
- Gain insight and leverage for improving individual and team performance through understanding the behaviors and interactions of employees during change.
- Understand and develop the knowledge and tools needed to create immediate and lasting learning for individuals and teams.
What You Will Cover
- The Management / Leadership Transition
- The Tools and Techniques for Developing Accountability and Trust
- The Performance Advantages of System Thinking and Empowerment
- The Links and Synergy of Problem Solving, Discipline, and Communications
- The Insights and Leverage for Learning, Behaviors, and Change.